Use the Contact Us page to submit an event for the community calendar.
- This event has passed.
Thunder in the Park
September 3, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thunder in the Park is will take place on Saturday, September 3, 2016. The event will be hosts by Union County Chamber of Commerce.
The event is free to the public. The starting time is at 5P.M. And will end at 10P.M. A large fire work display is set to take place around 9:00 P.M.
There red will be vendors, a band, concessions, a car show, and much more for the family to do. Bring a towel, blanket or lawn chair and enjoy the show!
FREE ADMISSION! – FINEST BLUEGRASS, COUNTRY & GOSPEL MUSIC AS PERFORMED BY LOCAL MUSICIANS. Open Jam Sessions 4th Saturday of Each Month. Old Rush Strong School, Leadmine Bend Road, Sharps Chapel, Top of the Ridges. 7:00pm – Till ?. Coffee & Snacks available, Donations Appreciated. Y’all Come!
- We invite all area Worship Leaders, Pastors, and Faith community leaders to come together on the last Thursday of each month at Hardee’s at 7:30 am. This is to be a time of fellowship, prayer, and discussion about how we as a community of Faith can work together to have a positive impact on our county. All are welcome!
- Norris Lake Longbeards Chapter of the NWTF committee will meet every 3rd Tuesday of each month @ Hardee’s in Maynardville 7 p.m. We would love to have you come join us and see what we do. Save the habitat, save the hunt. President Wayne Ellison..
- The Union County Election Commission shall meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 2:00 pm in room 101 of the Union County Courthouse to conduct election business which comes before the commission pursuant to its duties listed in, but not limited toTCA §2-12-116, and to conduct any other business that may come before the election commission at that time. Union County Election Commission, 901 Main Street, Suite 108, Maynardville, TN 37807, 865-992-3471, www.electionsunioncountytn.com
- Monday Night Music-held at the Paulette Fire Department located at 451 Highway 61 West. Everyone welcome and donations appreciated. No drugs or alcohol, acoustic only. Concessions available. Doors open at 6:00 pm and music from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
- ETHRA – *Do you need a ride to the doctor? *Do you need a ride to work? *Do you need a ride for anything? Give us a call-ETHRA pay rides: 1-800-232-1565, United Health Care: 1-866-405-0238, Blue Care: 1-866-473-7563, Amerigroup: 1-866-680-0633. 72 hour notice officer hours 8:00 -5:00 pm
- Douglas – Cherokee Head Start of Union County is now participating in the Food City School Bucks Program. If you would like to help the program just link your value card to Douglas – Cherokee Head Start Union County # 41215.
- ADDICTION COUNSELING – Narconon can help you take steps to overcome addiction in your family. Call today for free screenings or referrals. 800-431-1754
- UT Hospice, serving patients and families in Knox and 15 surrounding counties, conducts ongoing orientation sessions for adults (18 & older) interested in becoming volunteers with our program. No medical experience is required. Training is provided. For more information call Penny Sparks, Volunteer Coordinator @ (865) 544-6279.
- UT Hospice Adult Grief Support Group is for any adult who is suffering loss. Our group meets the first and third Tuesday of every month from 5:00-6:30pm. Meetings are held in UT Hospice office at 2270 Sutherland Avenue. A light supper is served. For more information or to reserve your spot, call Brenda Fletcher, Bereavement Coordinator @ (865) 544-6277.
- Dates, times for Neighborhood Watches:
Big Ridge 4th District neighborhood watch is the 1st Thursday of every month @ 7 p.m. at Big Ridge School (Library).
Paulette 6th District neighborhood watch is the 2nd Tuesday of every month @ 7 p.m. Paulette School (cafeteria).
Plainview 7th District neighborhood watch is 3rd Thursday of every month @ 7 p.m. Plainview Community Center (next to Plainview City Hall). ‘Crime Prevention starts with you’
- Hilltop Sewing & Quilting ‘A Ladies Happy Place’ classes Tuesday evenings 6 p.m. and Thursday morning 10 a.m. Sewing, embroidery, quilting and more. A fun class – come join the fun. Call (865) 660-6525 or (865) 992-0580 for more info.
- “Willow Ridge Care & Rehab offers Long Term Care, Short Term Inpatient Therapy, Hospice & Respite Care. Visitors welcome 7 days a week from 7am to 9pm, 215 Richardson Way, Maynardville. Administrator: Rebecca Mills. Director of Marketing & Admissions: Kathy Chesney. Phone 865-992-5816, Fax 865-992-4031 or email Margaret.Chesney@GenesisHCC.com”
- The Union County Lions Club meets the 3rd Monday of each month at Noon at Hardee’s in Maynardville. For questions, contact Ronnie Mincey (865-278-6430).
- Scottish Rite Shoe Program – now selling apple butter to buy shoes for the needy children in Union County. Please contact Floyd Rutherford 992-5556 or Lowell Thomas 621-1146.
- Homeschool Mom’s Meeting Interested persons are invited to a presentation of: Gifts from the Heart, outlining the many ways any mother can show the love of God to her children, regardless of age, background, or education. It will be presented by Shelley Hendry from “History Come to Life”. Info: Connie Dickey 865-992-3629.
- Blessed Teresa Catholic Church is offering a $2,000.00 scholarship to a Union County High School senior. Details and application forms are available at the high school.
- Free Admission! Finest bluegrass, country & gospel music as performed by local musicians. Open jam sessions on 4th Saturday of each month @ the old Rush Strong School, Leadmine Bend Road in Sharps Chapel – top of hill. Starts at 7 p.m. till ? Coffee and snacks are available with donations appreciated. Y’all come and enjoy the music.
- Church of God at Maynardville – P.O. Box 145 / 1599 Main St.- Maynardville, TN 37807 Church Services-Sunday School 9:45am-Sunday Worship Service 10:45am-Wednesday Night 7:00pm-Singing every 5th Saturday Night 7:00pm
- Luttrell Baptist Church will be having a singing on the 2nd Saturday of each month @ 7:00. Everyone one welcome!
- Trinity Reigns Pentecostal Church will be having their services every Sunday @ the Paulette Community Center-Sunday School 10 pm, morning service 11 pm, evening service 6 pm Everyone welcome-Pastor Gordon McMahon
PECANS ARE HERE ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! The Union County Lions Club will be selling pecans beginning on November 1, 2017 at the following locations: Commercial Bank (Maynardville Branch); First Century Bank (Maynardville Branch); and the Union County Trustee’s Office located in the Union County Courthouse. The cost per one pound package is $10.00. Packages available this year include halves, dark chocolate covered whole pecans, and whole white covered pecans. Proceeds from the sale of these pecans will provide eye examinations and eyeglasses for qualifying Union County residents. Please contact Ronnie Mincey (865-278-6430) for further information.
- New Fellowship Children’s Christmas Drive 2017 has kicked off we have partnered with Paulette Elementary School for the 2017 Christmas year to help the under- privileged kids. We have placed barrels out to accept new toy donations.We ask for your help to fill these barrels. Below is a list of barrel locations: 1. Stonegate Apartments-126 Prospect Rd. 2.Union County Sheriff’s Office-130 Veterans Street 3. American Rental- 4357 Maynardville Hwy 4. B&B Pools – 2917 Maynardville Hwy 5. TRI County Sanitation – 2945 Maynardville Hwy 6. Bull Run Creek Apartments – 1330 Main Street 7. Flowers by Bob – 215 Highway 61 8. Children’s Advocacy Center – 120 Veterans Street 9. The Winery at Seven Springs – 1474 Highway 61 East 10. Buckeyes/County Line Scrap Yard – 9234 Maynardville Pike 11. Rocky Top Market – 3502 Maynardville Hwy 12. Clayton Homes – 164 Raccoon Valley Road 13. Lil Jo’s Bar-B-Que – 2805 Maynardville Hwy 14. Paulette Elementary School – 1001 Maynardville Hwy 15. New Fellowship Church – 120 Pine Drive